Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:44:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mohsin Rahman <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        lists@brenius.com
Cc:        William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Very High HTTPD Usage (Pls help, was urgent)

try "sockstat" to see if there is an IP pattern. Could it be that you are
getting hit hard w/ nimda and the like? check you access-logs. Try putting
this in your httpd.conf, doing a configtest and then keep an eye on the
virus_log file.

SetEnvIf Request_URI \.exe$ microsoft_bs
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.dll$ microsoft_bs
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.default.ida$ microsoft_bs

CustomLog /logs/virus_log combined env=microsoft_bs

If you have PHP support built into apache, set a max_execution time
in php.ini and keep us posted. Good luck!

Mohsin AbdulRahman
MTech@BuffNET.Net