Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:47:00 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: backing up cvs files

dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've got a cvs repository i'd like to move to another system, but i am
> uncertain as to how to back it up, any advice helpful.

You can back up your CVS repository just like any other files.  It would make
sense to ensure that nobody is using it when you do so.

Just find out where CVSROOT is on that machine, and back that up.

>     Also, i've got an anonymous user in the file READERS, however he can
> still commit changes to the repository, i am speculating this might be a
> permissions issue, can anyone confirm this?

Unless I remember wrong, cvs security is based on file permissions.  So
be sure that the anonymous user only has read access to the files in the
repository (I could be wrong on this, I apologize if I lead you astray).

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies