Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:14:09 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, devet@devet.org, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Has the size of stable /modules increased a lot lately?

In message <200111200556.fAK5ue780788@harmony.village.org>, Warner Losh writes:
>:
>: Awesome...great explanation.  Might be a couple days until my next
>: release notes editing session, but I'll write something up based on what
>: you gave me.
>
>Ah, this is a change in behavior in -stable.  I think that deserves an
>UPDATING entry.  I hadn't got that before now.

I probably missed something important earlier in this thread, but
installing the debug versions of the modules seems like a bug,
since we don't install the debug version of the kernel. Adding
"DEBUG=-g" has always simply required more space in /usr/src, but
not affected the installed size. Does installing the debug versions
of modules make sense at all, or is it just hard to fix the makefiles
to stop it happening?

Ian