Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:47:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

Gordon Wang wrote:

> Dear Sir
> I am a FreeBSD 2.2.1 user and I installed from the CD issued by
> Walnut Creek Co. .
> However, I don't know how to see the stuff on the CD when I was in
> my FreeBSD system.
> What's should I do to check the files on a cd.
> My CD-ROM is 8x NEC enhanced IDE.

Is the kernel seeing your CD-ROM when it boots?  If not, make
your kernel configuration files contain these lines:

        options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
        options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
        device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

Then, rebuild your kernel.

To mount the CD-ROM as a file system, you want to issue this command:

        /sbin/mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

The "/cdrom" parameter is the name of an existing directory.  It doesn't
need to be called "/cdrom"; you can mount the CD anywhere you want.
-----
Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always
respect their good judgement.