Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:18:20 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "Shane Hagan" <shane_64@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: BSD

Shane,

FreeBSD has treated me very well over the years.  I have one box at a
customer site that functions as a web and mail server, as well as
providing firewall, routing, nat, and dhcp services for 200+ users.  The
box itself has been running for 400+ days maintenance-free, except for
adding/deleting users.

As for ease of learning, you got a steep hill to climb, but the closer
you get to the top, the flatter it gets.  Unlike NT, which will lure you
in with a gradual climb but lead you to an impossible rock wall.

Like others on the list, I would reccomend that you pick up some good
books on UNIX and FreeBSD specifically.  I've not seen it myself, but
continue to hear excellent reports about Greg's _Complete FreeBSD_.

Good luck,

--
  Troy Settle
  Network Analyst