Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:34:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dylan Carlson <damage_z@yahoo.com>
To:        "Ronald R. Perez" <ronaldp76@earthlink.net>, ravi@cow.org, Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
Cc:        Mark Pude <markpude@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: /var/ is full

I think it should be mentioned that the Auto option in the FreeBSD installer
makes quite undersized /var mounts (IMO)... and in fact I think the default is
20MB.

I would propose making this default to something 60-100MB in the next RELEASE.
20MB isn't suitable for what most people seem to be doing anymore.

Dylan