Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:28:02 -0500
From:      Gaelen <gaelen@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Manager and multiple HDs/OSs

Ok. I have the following setup on a PII 350 with 128M of RAM and an
S3Virge DX video card.

HD0: 8G     (PM) booting Win 98 readily
HD1: 10G    (PS) booting nothing, being a file beast formatted as DOS
HD2: 4G     (SM) booting FreeBSD
Yamaha CDRW (SS) misc. storage

I have installed Win98 successfully onto HD0 and BSD successfully
onto HD2 however, No matter how many times I read the help files or
re-install the BSD Boot Manager, if both drive ribbons are plugged
in, Win98 boots in. I cannot get the Boot Manager to install properly
onto HD0.

If I unplug the HD0 and HD1 ribbon, BSD boots just fine with no OS
options, just BSD.

I realize this is just a stupid something that I have missed or done
bassackwards, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I
have done an archive search, but haven't been able to find anything
directly pertinent.

Can anyone help me out with this please?
Gaelen