Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:28:24 -0600
From:      "Nick H. -- Technical Support Engineer" <nickh@supportteam.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ACPI Errors -- Current -- Help?

Hello,

I've got a rather new error message today and I'm in need of some help
trouble shooting it...

here goes:

    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [FAN_] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
    ACPI-1287: *** Error: Method execution failed, AE_NOT_FOUND
    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [FAN_] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
    ACPI-1287: *** Error: Method execution failed, AE_NOT_FOUND

What exactly is happening and how do I disable it?  It's not something Im
familiar with, yet am wanting to learn why/what it means.

Oh, Im gonna need to be cc'd on this message, as Im not on this list.
Thanks!

Regards,
Nick H.
Technical Support Engineer
nickh@supportteam.net

Please rate my performance! http://www.supportteam.net/rate.php3
Please submit all new support requests to
http://ticketmonster.hostingsupport.com/

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
given nor endorsed by it.