Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:38:01 +0400
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Alexander S. Usov" <lex@itv.kiev.ua>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need a help with ipfw configuration

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander S. Usov <lex@itv.kiev.ua>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 2:51 PM
Subject: Need a help with ipfw configuration

> # there is a counters
>         for i in `/usr/bin/jot 254`
>         do
>           $fw add $((11000+$i)) count all from 192.168.1.$i to not
192.168.1.0/24 in via rl0
>           $fw add $((11000+$i)) count all from not 192.168.1.0/24 to
192.168.1.$i out via rl0
>         done
> # NAT
>         $fw add 12000 divert natd all from any to any via rl1
>
> As I understand, couners would work on the second pass, but I should
> be sure.

I think that this is correct configuration for counters.

But you can it test simply, ping some host in WAN and look at values of
counters, ping use fixed size of packets (or specified size in the -s
option),
and checkout output of "ipfw s" with "size_of_packet * number_of_packets"
transferd by ping.