Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>, Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   solid NFS patch #6 avail for -current - need testers files)

    NFS patch #6 is now available for -current.  This patch has been
    extensively tested with NFS and with FFS+softupdates and has not
    screwed up yet, so I'm reasonably confident that it will not
    scrap whole filesystems :-)

	http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4/

    Please remember to back-out all prior patches before applying this one.
    Note that the memory-zeroing code ( which is committed to -current ), is
    *correct* and should not be disabled.

    This patch is for CURRENT ONLY.  Do not apply to -3.x unless you like
    seeing computer equipment melt!

    The only difference between patch #5 and patch #6 is that the VMIO
    directory backing mods have been removed.  These mods worked, but
    appear to have resulted in an occassional softupdates panic during
    'installworld'.  It is more important for us to have a rock solid
    implementation then majorly optimized implementation, so...  The
    patch will probably return later on when we figure out why it is
    causing softupdates to panic.

    Please post bug reports to -current or -hackers.

						-Matt