Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:11:53 +0100
From:      Jonathan Weiss <jw@innerewut.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

Robert Watson schrieb:
> I don't
> know if there are technical solutions to this problem, but if we want to
> "meet" many of these newer users of BSD, and hence build up the rapport
> needed to have a productive relationship, we're either going to have to
> lure them onto the mailing lists, find our way onto web forums, or find
> some other technical or social means of getting over that difference.

There are several solutions for bridging mailing lists with a web
interface/forum. Google groups is the most popular one, but there are
also many other solutions, e.g. the Ruby folks use rforum to integrate
several Ruby mailing lists with a forum like web interface.

See http://www.ruby-forum.com/ for examples,
rforum is available at http://rforum.andreas-s.net/

Jonathan Weiss

--