Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:44:44 +1300
From:      "Matthew Luckie" <kluckie@ihug.co.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Matthew Luckie" <kluckie@ihug.co.nz>
Subject:   Upgrading OpenSSH

Hi

I have a machine in the field with FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE installed.
The OpenSSH that shipped on that machine is vulnerable to a number of
exploits.

What is the best way to fix this machine?  I am comfortable with using cvsup
and the build tools.  I am happy to do a full cvsup to the system but I
anticipate that that is a bit heavy handed to fix just openssh.

Should I be using one of the security branch fix trees?

fwiw, i downloaded the openssh-3.0.2p1 source and config'd that but
unfortunately the ssl libs on the machine are out of date.

Suggestions?

Matthew