Date:      25 Jan 2003 14:21:18 -0500
From:      Mykroft Holmes IV <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
To:        Pat Lathem <plathem@ivestnw.net>
Cc:        Mykroft Holmes IV <mykroft@empire.explosive.mail.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What Now? (gnomesession)

I tried simply adding the gnomesession package. It brought up gnome with
the twm window manager.

Solution ended up being to pkg_delete gnome2 and pkg_add -r gnome

I now have Gnome 1.4 running successfully.

And editing .xinitrc only works if you are running an X server locally.
Since I am exporting the display, it won't do anything. (My display is
running on an XP box)

I did rather want Gnome 2, but it appears that the packages are rather
nastily broken., am going to try it from ports later (After I cvsup my
ports tree).

Adam