Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:00:11 -0500
From:      "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsifer@mediaone.net>
To:        "Satoshi Asami" <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: IDE bus transfer speed

The typical maximum throughput of an IDE controller in a PC-AT in those
days was about 3-5 MB/s.  I'm not sure which IDE modes were in use back
then, and what their maximum burst transfer rates where, but if you really
need this you might be able to find it at http://www.ata-atapi.com/
or http://www.t13.org/.  The T13 web site has the last revision of each
draft specification, which is a pretty accurate reflection of the
actual standard.  You can check the document release dates to see what
was in use in 1991.

Allen