Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:44:26 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   The inetd realloc problem: an observation

I trust that everybody knows what I mean by the "inetd realloc"
problem: after some undefined event inetd behaves in an unfriendly
manner towards incoming requests, possibly confusing the clients
enough to make them turn away in disgust.  This happened to me again
today, and I restarted inetd.  I've found that every time I do this, I
get the following message at regular intervals:

Sep 22 13:37:00 freebie inetd[12206]: netbios-ns/udp: bind: Address already in use

Now I don't use any such service, nor is there any entry for it in
inetd.conf.  Where is this coming from?  Sure, this is the new inetd,
not the old one, but it's puzzling that this happens every time.

Greg