Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:06:17 -0400
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        Joseph Koenig <joe@jwebmedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade gone bad, please help

You should be able to hit the space bar at the appropriate time, drop
to a prompt that consists of one word:

ok

then, type ?

you'll see a list of options, among them unload...so type:

unload kernel

then type:

load kernel.GENERIC

and you should be able to complete a boot...OTOH, there are
(probably?) many ways to do what you will need to do.

BTW: did you copy the list on your reply to me? Its' a really good
idea to do so, as it may be instructive for us all; and there may be a
better way to do what your needs dictate; and someone may offer it.