Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:17:23 +0100
From:      Albert Shih <shih@math.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Export snapshot

Hi anyone,

I search some technic to exports a snapshot.

Let me explain little more. I've big nfs server (~1 To) to export by nfs to
my clients. Until now I've a second server too, on this server I run
something like rsnapshots (snapshot with rsync).
But now the time rsnapshots using for making every snapshot is very big.
For this reason I want to use ffs_snapshot, but I don't know how I can make
this snapshot accessible for my user (without sysadmin intervention).

Off course I can make a script to do (mdconfig, mount, export nfs etc...)
but when I need to turn the snapshot, if any client have mount the snapshot
I can umount and make mdconfig -d, event I can what's my client situation,
maybe I hang-up with "NFS not responding"

Anyone have a idea ?

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH