Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 13:42:06 -0400
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ej.cerejo@laposte.net>
To:        Victor@VictorWilliams.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Downloading FreeDSB

FreeDSB doesn't exist but FreeBSD...

Go to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.8/
and download either disc one or the mini-iso image for the 4.8 release
and then just use your cd-burner software like nero to burn that image
to a cd.

If you decide to go with stable you can go to:

ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.8-20030516-STABLE/

Create a folder called FreeBSD on a dos partition and put the bin,
catpages, crypto, dict, doc,
games, info, manpages, proflibs, src into the FreeBSD folder in your dos
partition.

now create the two boot floppies to install freebsd, there is good
instructions on the manual for this.