Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:59:13 +1030
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo (Silver)

I'm trying to get a WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo (Silver) card working on a
two month old -current system using the ISA bus card which comes
with the PCMCIA WaveLAN unit.

"pccardc dumpcis" says it wants IRQ 6, so I've made sure that that
was included in the list of IRQs in pccard.conf.  It's still unable
to allocate I/O space, though:  card insertion yields:

   pccard: card inserted, slot 0
   wi0: No I/O space?!

... which is slightly demoralizing :-)

The relevent bits of pccard.conf:

    io      0x240-0x3ff
    irq     3 5 6 10 11 13 15
    memory  0xd4000  96k

    # Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE
    card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
	    config  0x1 "wi0" ?
	    insert  echo WaveLAN/IEEE inserted
	    insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
	    remove  echo WaveLAN/IEEE removed
	    remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

I'll attach the output of pccardc dumpcis.

I saw something about this on -hackers or -current about two weeks
ago, but I didn't have a WaveLAN card then, so it didn't occur to me
to save it.  I can't find any reference to it in the archives either,
but I'm sure *someone* here knows an answer.

I know the WaveLAN stuff is crap, and I'd rather be using Aironet at
the moment (at least that works!), but we've thought it prudent to
give the Lucent stuff a try (even if only to make sure our suppliers
understand that we can change vendors easily, so they'd better give
us a good price <grin>

Cheers,

   - mark

--