Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:21:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, hackers@FreeBSD.org, wollman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipx on 802.3

> > SYNOPSIS
> >      ifconfig interface address_family [address [dest_address]] [parameters]
> >                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > How about that?
>
> Utterly irrelevant.

Hm.

I'd have to say Duck (Bruce Schmidt) of Novell disagrees with you,
since that's what he did for the IPX implementation on NeXT that
Jobs likes to claim credit for.

I'd also have to say that Jim Freeman (now of Caldera), Steve, and
the other guys who worked less than 50 feet away from me on the
UnixWare IPX implementation at the Novell, Sandy Ut., site also
disagreed with you.

Of course, we only had the Provo guys who *invented* the crap up
every other week or so, so I guess you could be right.

Are you sure "AF_IPX" won't work?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---