Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:47:41 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port www/kazehakase dumps core on ia64 HEAD when printing to a file

On Nov 26, 2009, at 2:35 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> kazehakase-0.5.4_6, FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT ia64
>
> I'm not really sure what to look for in debugger:

You want to to recompile at a lower optimization level and with
debugging enabled (i.e. -O0 -g). If you can't reproduce the
problem this way, it's a compiler bug. If you can reproduce it,
then gdb proves to be a lot more useful.

At the very least, a backtrace is required.
FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com