Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:49:18 +0200
From:      sTAGGER <smdlink@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd k6-2 550 vs p2 300

hi freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

its a bit off topic but i need help... i had a gigabyte board with a
p2 300 before i bought a new dfi board and a k6-2 550. the k6 is
slower than the p2 and i wonder why. i jumpered the fsb to 100 mhz,
mulitplier to 5.5 and the voltage to 2.3 volt. the processor says its
core voltage is 2.3 and 3.3 io. above 2.4 my keyboard doesnt work
anymore and above 2.8 my monitor doesnt work. i downloaded a (win)
benchmark from http://cpusite.examedia.nl/ and it tells me that the
speed of my cpu is equal to a pentium 200. i cant believe the 300
is much faster than the 550 only because its a pentium 2. does anyone
know how i can increase the speed of my k6 or does anyone have the
same problem?

Daniel Link