Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:39:34 +0100
From:      Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
To:        Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Daniel O'Connor <darius@dons.net.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Command-line editing [was NetWare client in -current]

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 08:34:59PM -0700, Parag Patel wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:23:36 BST, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> >
> >On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 11:15:12AM -0700, Parag Patel wrote:
> >> Growing up programming on a KL-10, I still think the correct place for
> >> line-editing is in the driver.  Hell - it's already doing basic
> >> erase/kill line editing as it is.  Then you don't have to hack every
> >> command-line app to get line-editing.
> >
> >Yeah, but how do you specify completion then?
>
> Same way termcap/termlib would be handled. :)

Would that allow for the flexibility of, say zsh's programmable
completion?  And then combined with my right hand side prompt?

It gets complicated very quickly.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

"vi has two modes the one in which it beeps and the one in which it doesnt."
	-- Anon.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com