Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:34:48 -0400
From:      "Anthony Abby" <anthonyabby@mail.aplusdata.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <mandrews@catholic.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD rpm ?

>Dear Sirs,
>
>I'm currently using Linux 8.2, and wanted to explore FreeBSD but, so far,
>I've been unable to find a suitable freebsd.rpm package. I've searched in
>MSN amd rpmfind.net without luck. Could you tell me where can I download
>it?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>                  Mark

Mark, no such thing my friend.  Jet over to http://www.freebsd.org and download the 4.6.2 iso (disk1) and boot from it.  It'll walk you through the installation.

Before you do that however, I'd suggest reading the FreeBSD Handbook, which is available also from the FreeBSD website.

One additional thought.  You might also want to joing the freebsd-newbies list....

Anthony