Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2007 23:11:28 -0700
From:      Mike Bowie <mbowie@buzmo.com>
To:        Ken Yamada <ken@tydfam.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.3.0

Ok campers... see how this suits.

I've diff'd a patch against Ken and Dan's port bundle from September
6th.  (See http://www.tydfam.jp/eclipse-europa-dan.tgz)

http://www.buzmo.com/projects/eclipse-europa-port/Makefile-090807.diff

It's changes are based on the 3.2 port, but it installs into
${PREFIX}/eclipse-europa, so there's some hope of being able to install
3.2 and 3.3 concurrently.  (I've not tested this yet, I'm rebuilding 3.2
now after duffing the backup I took earlier.)  Once installed, 3.3 can
be invoked via the wrapper script installed at ${PREFIX}/bin/eclipse-europa

I've upped the JAVA_VERSION from 1.5 to 1.6, as my attempts to build
under 1.5 failed.  Ken and the documentation have both said it is
possible to build under 1.5 on other platforms, so it may just be me.
It would be nice(tm) if the port could support 1.5 users, but right now
I'm just happy to be running it against 1.6. ;-)

The only other significant change is that it copies the missing launcher
plugin (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Equinox_Launcher for
details) from it's ${WRKSRC} origin to it's rightful home in the
${WRKSRC}/eclipse folder, which is basically the installation tree.
Something tells me the build should be taking care of this, which is why
I added it to the do-build section rather than the do-install section.
I'll look into the build to see if I can see where this is coming off
the wagon.  The upshot of this is that if you've already built the port
before applying the patch, installing it will still result in the
launcher plugin error coming up... if you want to avoid a re-build, read
the updated Makefile and copy the file as per line 123.

That's about it... looking forward to hearing if other people have
success with this.  (Especially if it builds etc on AMD and 64-bit
platforms.)

Cheers,

Mike.