Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:25:23 -0400
From:      "Onederer" <onederer@myrealbox.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can I do that?

I acquired a Buslink 1394 Firewire 80GB hard drive, in which I would =
like to install FreeBSD, to try it out.  So far, except for Mandrake =
9.1, none of the other Linux distros have been able to find and install =
itself on the Firewire bus.
So now, this would give me /dev/hda for WindowsXP Pro, /dev/hdb for =
Mandrake 9.1, and /dev/sda for (maybe?) FreeBSD.

I am (was) reserving this extra drive to try different distros.  My =
computer has 700+MB of ram, and it is a 3.06GHz hyperthreading chip.  I =
would be using Mandrake's Lilo to boot into FreeBSD.

Can your distro find and use, and install itself into a Firewire bus?

Thanks