Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 21:10:13 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM problems...

I've installed FreeBSD-Release 2.1.0 from the Walnut Creek CD on a DEC
Venturis 5100. The machine has a built in dual-channel EIDE controller,
and two hard disks, both as masters (i.e. they are wd0 and wd2). I also
have a creative CDROM configured as a slave on the first channel. I was
able to install FreeBSD from that CDROM drive using the ATAPI boot floppy,
however I cannot make it work after the installation is complete.
mount gives "Device not configured" on wcd0c.

Where did I go wrong (I did uncomment the options ATAPI and the wcd0
lines from the kernel configuration and did a rebuild, actually many
rebuilds...).

Thanks,
Nadav