Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:18:33 -0400
From:      Madhu_Pinnu.SVERDRUP_TECHNOLOGY@wct.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unable to start X-Windows

Hi,
Recently I have loaded FreeBSD 2.2.1 on IBM Aptiva E26 pc.
I am getting login prompt and able to issue all the commands. But I am
unable to start X-Windows.
If I try "startx" command it is giving Error No.2 on Init with a message "
"X" Not found in PATH" and some more description.
I looked at PATH it has got /usr/X11R6/bin in its path.
 My monitor type is Sony ES100.
Another problem is it is not recognizing CDROM Drive ( I have got Mitsumi
24X CDROM Drive. So I assume FreeBSD doesn't have proper Device Driver
software.)
Could someone help me in this regard

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,