Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 01:37:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Joshua Delong Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sync on Green on an SGI monitor on an x86 VGA

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Joshua Delong Thomas wrote:

> I've been looking for where to switch the sync signal to sync on green but
> I can't find it.  I have a matrox G-400.

Changing the card's output format may or may not be possible, and is
entirely dependent on the card. You'd have to check the manufacturer's
docs.

> If anybody knows of a good tutorial on changing to an sgi monitor
> from a vga signal, I'd appreciate it.

There are hardware solutions - i.e. an external box that goes between
the CPU and the monitor - but they probably cost as much as, or more
than, a new monitor. The box will be called a "computer video
interface," or just an "interface."

I have had success with products from the following companies:

http://www.inlineinc.com/
http://www.extron.com/
http://www.altinex.com/

I don't work for any of these companies!

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape