Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org>
To:        Martin Zimmermann <mz@scarlet.be>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org, mzi@gmx.li
Subject:   Re: pwcbsd installation

Martin,

PC-BSD uses its own LOCALBASE, and before compiling any ports you'll need to switch to it
with the "runports" command (otherwise a make gets confused finding libs in ldconfig which
don't exist in /usr/local)

Take a look here for more information:
http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_Users_Handbook#Switching_to_the_FreeBSD_LOCALBASE

Try and out, and let me know if that fixes the configure errors :)

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software