Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:36:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/alpha/3.0-19981208-SNAP

> > It's actually dying in the front of rman_activate_resource, so a bad irq
> > structure is being passed down.
>
> Could you find which driver is being attached (sc or sio) and try and
> figure out why the irq resource is not being allocated.  It should be
> calling bus_alloc_resource() which will end up in isa_alloc_resource()
> with start set to the irq number.  Perhaps a print statement in
> isa_alloc_resource() will be informative.

Yes, I'll spend some time on this, but it's a bit lower on the priority
chain right now. I'll try in the next day or so- and the system I was
doing this on is at Ames and I'm not back there until next week- but I
have another multia @ feral which I'll try and upgrade the f/w on and
give this a shot here.