Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 02:28:36 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange things..

Jakob Alvermark scribbled this message on May 5:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a Pentium 90 and a GUS MAX, running FreeBSD 2.2.1. I found a
> program called splay, for play WAVE and MPEG files (mp1 mp2 mp3). I
> belive it was written for Linux, but I managed to compile it with just a
> small change (changed #include <sys/soundcard.h> to machine/soundcard.h).
> Seem to work ok, but sound is awful, it cracks and pops. On the console I
> see a lot of messages coming out. They say: isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy

hmm... does other programs that play audio work fine??

> What could cause this error? Is there any "fix" to make it work better?

try the port of splay... it's in the audio subdirectory...  hope this
works better for you... ttyl...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD