Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:21:33 -0700
From:      "Poppa Mike" <mike@coloradosurf.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   pdflib and fonts w/ php from ports

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit OT. I installed mod_php4 from ports and chose the
pdflib (among others) support. It installed pdflib 4.0.3. I'm trying to
play around with the pdf generation but am getting errors.

Fatal error: PDFlib error: Outline data for font 'Helvetica' not found in
myfile.php on line 20

The offending line:
$font = pdf_findfont($pdf, "Helvetica", "builtin", 1);

(I also got this error with "host")

I created a "generic" pdflib.upr file (from the pdflib-manual) but it
doesn't seem to be finding the fonts. Well, I can't either ;). I did
notice they were in the work directory of the port
(/usr/ports/print/pdflib/work/pdflib-4.0.3/fonts/), but `locate afm`
yielded nothing (the locate db has not updated to find the ones I just
extracted). Am I missing something very basic (like what fonts to install,
where, etc.) or should the port have installed these somewhere?

Someone please knock me upside the head with a clue-stick.

TIA,

mike

- please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to -isp