Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/43502: Manual page ZNEW(1) has a bug

The following reply was made to PR docs/43502; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>,
	Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:26:45 +0300

 On 2002-10-03 10:56, "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com> wrote:
 > Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> writes:
 > >  I think what the manual page means here is that cpmod(1) is currently
 > >  not availible in the FreeBSD Operating System...
 >
 > The manual clearly does not mean that it is not available.  It even
 > seems to imply that it IS available.

 No it doesn't imply it.  The double negative is something I don't
 like, but the following is clear to me:

 :   BUGS
 :	Znew does not maintain the time stamp with the  -P option
 :	if cpmod(1) is not available and touch(1) does not support
 :	the -r option.

 The -P option depends on either cpmod(1) being available, or touch(1)
 supporting the -r option.  It is not even a "bug" if you ask me.

 Giorgos.

 PS ::= The followups to this PR have been sent to freebsd-doc rather
 than bug-followup.  Thus, they are not available as part of the audit
 trail of this PR.  They can be found within the mailing list archives.