Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 12:16:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Ryder <aryder@bestweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wierd login error

I recently installed freebsd 2.2.5 off of cdrom.com everything was fine,
and after 3 days or so I cant login with anything but root via a telnet..
when I run passwd it scrolls a Mismatch error down my screen.. I am not
sure what did this, I have not edited anything, I checked login.access
entering +:ALL:ALL in it and still find the same erorr.. the only thing I
installed which I could think of doing this was ssh 1.2.1 any clues?
the login error for anything but root on a local virtual console login is
after typing anything for a login it enters login incorrect, no password
prompt.