Date:      10 Jun 1998 17:04:53 -0500
From:      stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone running the linux emulation as an LKM under 2.2-stable?

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> So, can I infer from this that there are people who are _currently_
> using the Linux LKM, do not compile their kernels with COMPAT_LINUX,
> and things are just fine with them in 2.2-stable?  I'd just like to
> have this confirmed by *one* person since the LKM used to work fine
> for me too, up until about a week or two ago. :-)

couatl# uname -a
FreeBSD couatl.uchicago.edu 2.2.6-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE #0: Mon Jun  8 21:58:37 CDT 1998     sfarrell@couatl.uchicago.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/COUATL  i386

couatl# grep COMPAT_LINUX /sys/i386/conf/COUATL
couatl#

make sure i'm running the latest linuxmod on my system...

couatl# modunload -i 0
Linux emulator removed
couatl# linux
couatl# modstat
Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
EXEC      0   4 f631f000 0020 f6326010   1 linux_mod

run staroffice... yep

I am all of these things...  i'm running lkm's and kernel cvsupped
June 8.  (my world, other than lkm's, was last built may 24).

--

Steve Farrell