Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 96 13:49:55 EST
From:      gippolit@ccsmtp2.eccs.com
To:        mgpr@prolog.net, wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: PPP config Yet again <sigh>

     I'm having the same problem.  How do you use term mode.  Is there a
     man page for term.

     Thanks.

Subject: RE: PPP config Yet again <sigh>
Author:  wb2oyc@cyberenet.net at CCSMTP
Date:    10/5/96 2:42 PM

On 05-Oct-96 Guy Silliman wrote:
>>Ok, I am new to the scene here, and although I can see this question has
>been asked about a million times, I too am having trouble with PPP.
>
>I have no trouble connecting and negotiating an IP from my ISP, however once
>I am connected I have no route to anywhere..

Guy,
  I'm really new to FreeBSD and have troubles with PPP myself, but I think
what you need to do is "add 0 0 HISADDR".  Thats what I have to do after
using term mode to connect to my ISP and have started a PPP connect.  In my
case, I have to use term, as I haven't been able to make sense out of the
ppp.conf or get it working properly.  Can't even get it to dial.  So I use
term mode to start up PPP.  The last command is the add 0 0 HISADDR at the
prompt.  If I don't do that, I have no route.  Once that is done, everything
works.  So I think that may be what you need to do.  The same thing happens
to me if I don't.  Sounds exactly what is happening in your case.

Good luck!
Paul