Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:14:32 -0500
From:      Andres Jaimes <andres@jaimes.net>
Cc:        demian.fc@gmail.com, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spanish Translation of the FAQ

There's one over here :-)

I don't have the context, but yeah, that could be:

=BFQu=E9 tan bueno es FreeBSD?

or even better

=BFQu=E9 tan asombroso es FreeBSD?
=BFQu=E9 tan sorprendente es FreeBSD?

Let me know, I'll be around.

Andres

On Feb 1, 2016, at 3:36 AM, Torsten Zuehlsdorff =
<mailinglists@toco-domains.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
>> 2) Some phrases feature wordplays that are impossible to translate =
into
>> spanish. I translated them anyway, but the result can be confusing =
IMHO.
>> Examples are:
>>=20
>> - How cool is FreeBSD? -> Translated as "=BFQue tan fr=EDo es =
FreeBSD?" (In
>> spanish we don't have a distinction between cool as in "not warm" and =
cool
>> as in "awesome").
>=20
> I have no idea of spanish. But for translations the most important =
part is the translation of the meaning not the word itself.
>=20
> Instead of "cool" try the translation of "awesome", "excellent" or =
just "good". I would even consider "fantastic", because in german it =
refers to something exceptional good (another phrase) and something not =
real. Not sure what is more common in english or spanish.
>=20
> If you are still in doubt, if your translation is correct, do a short =
test. Grep another spanish-speaking person in the near (no need for them =
to speak english) and let them read your translation. Afterwards (!) ask =
them what they understand. If they get it right, your translation is a =
good basic to start :)