Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:55:44 +0200
From:      Oliver Lehmann <oliver@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?UTF-8?B?U23DuHJncmF2?= <des@des.no>, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 8.0: glabel on a gjournaled FS is broken

And one adition:

I also have an external harddisk /dev/da1s1 which I labled with "backup"
with RC1. I unfortunally got a /dev/ufs/backup as well as
a /dev/ufs/backupd for the 4th partition of the 1st slide /dev/da1s1d.

I wanted to fix this (label da1s1d as backup) and booted into the single
user mode, and typed "glabel destroy backup". The two backup+backupd
entries in /dev/ufs where gone.
I then rebooted once more into the single user mode and now I have backup
+backupd again. Something seems to be definitly broken here :(

No - I have not mounted that filesystem at any time.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/