Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 2010 00:58:08 +0100
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtualbox and bridged interface.

Le Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:36:30 -0600,
Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com> a écrit :

> > Is there someone able to make VirtualBox working with a bridged
> > interface?
> >
> > I've got :
> > My gateway/access point on 192.168.1.1/24
> > The host on 192.168.1.20/24 via wifi (wlan0)
> > The guest on 192.168.1.25/24 bridged with wlan0

> Bridged networking doesn't work on wireless interfaces.

Ah ok :(

I would be happy to know why, briefly. Is it a limitation in the
wireless connection or a limitation in the operating system (FreeBSD)?

I've used some bridged guests on Mac OS X and vmware fusion but I don't
remember if I used the ethernet or the wireless interface.

To J.D.Bronson: no mac authentication here, thanks for the "shot in the
dark" anyway.

So I will try to setup a vpn between the host and the guest.

Thanks, Regards.