Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:08:11 +0200
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: current doesn't build jdk14.

In message <20040810185949.GA54509@misty.eyesbeyond.com>, Greg Lewis writes:
>On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 08:35:24PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> >
>> >See PR 69853 for patches.
>>
>> Already building...
>>
>> Anyone know if opera+java has started working ?
>
>I've never gotten it to work.  My recollection from trying this reasonably
>recently is that Opera says that the JDK is valid but won't actually
>display any applets.  I haven't tried ktrace to see what its trying to do
>yet.  If anyone has any contacts at Opera I'd be interested in finding out
>exactly what they do with the JDK so we can figure out why its not working.

If you look at the "opera" command it is actually a shell script and there
is some java automagic in there.   I tried tracing some of that and came
to the conclusion that the problem was that opera was for 4.x and java
for 5.x and some symbols (libm possible ?) were incompatible/missing.

Needless to say, I have no idea what I was really doing so I may be 100%
wrong on this.