Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:30:10 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: odd mouse button behavior

> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 21:26 -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> > just cvsupped to
> >   4.2-stable as of today
> >   xfree 4.0.2
> >
> > and all of a sudden my mouse does not react to a button until
> > the mosue travels.  this is most strange.
>
> You don't have your third button emulated by any chance?  Check
> your configuration and especially the *missing* settings which
> might be set to non appropriate defaults.  When in doubt,
> explicitely state your wishes.

Huh, and I thought it was just me.

I've had this same sort of thing going on recently too.  I believe that
the button-up (or button release) event is getting "lost".  I see this
when I click in a scroll bar, and sometimes it appears it's as if I still
have the left button down.  And producing a move event probably flushes
something out..?

This is with a 3 button wheel mouse, connected via USB and moused with
the XFree4 port installed.

I thought that perhaps the switch on the button had started to fail, but
given that it's a fairly new mouse and someone else is seeing this, I'll
have to investigate further.

louie