Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 95 16:37:58 +0000 (EST)
From:      jason@eon.webnet.com.au (Jason Hodges)
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   A few questions..

Hi,

I was told this was a very good place to ask FreeBSD questions.. well anyway
here goes..

I have two major problems I would appreciate answers to...

1. Dialup PPP on a FreeBSD machine...

I want to have users login and choose an option from a menu that will then
start PPP. It seems to work ok, as in connects and gives them the IP address
as specified in /etc/ppp/options and they can ping the FreeBSD machine all
ok but no other machines on the network.. ...

I have address class 203.20.104.0

router is at 203.20.104.2

FreeBSD box is 203.20.104.1

Address assigned to PPP clients is 203.20.104.20 (say I onyl have one dialup
connection at present)

i am using

pppd -detach modem crtscts proxyarp

to start the connection..

Do I have to change any routes on FreeBSD? on my router?

2. I have installed OLVWM Window manager for X... Except when I run it i get
an error like

ld.so: olvwm: libolgx.so.3.2: Undefined error: 0

and the same for FVWM

ld.so: fvwm: libXpm.so.4.5: Undefined error: 0

I have installed the xview libraries and xpm as required by FVWM...

They were all installed from packages-2.0.5

Jason Hodges