Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:53:01 +0000
From:      Jamie Griffin <jg@koderize.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Announce] Maintained TeXLive (2009 and devel) binaries for FreeBSD-6,7,8 available

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 04:57:49PM +0000, Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87 wrote:
> Dear all,
=20
> The TeXLive binaries for FreeBSD 6, 7 and 8, for i386 and amd64 each,
> are available for download. I will maintain binary sets for TeXLive
> 2009; I will also regularly release binaries built from the current SVN
> TeXLive sources:
=20
>   TeXLive-2009 binaries:
=20
>     http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-2009/bin
>     ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2009
=20
>   Binaries from the current sources:
=20
>     http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-Devel/
=20
>     (bin-r${SVNVER} directories).
=20
> Please refer to the respective README.txt files for more details.
=20
Hi there, i'm still using teTeX port and i'm desperate to upgrade to
something more up-to-date and so made a first attempt yesterday to install
your binaries but somehow got it wrong, or at least it didn't appear to
work for me.=20

I extracted them into /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-freebsd7/ and
updated my path, which is how I understood it needed to be done from
reading the README.txt; however, this did not work for me.=20

I wonder, would you be able to help by explaining the steps needed to
install them properly? up-to-now i've only ever used ports to install
software and i'm not familiar with installing binaries on FreeBSD
=20
        Jamie

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--