Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:20:07 +0100
From:      Dominik Epple <epple@tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        Brian John <brianjohn@fusemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble printing

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:40:19PM -0600, Brian John wrote:
> help me get started setting this up?  Is there any hope that I will be
> able to get this printer to work as well

Perhaps.

> (and easy)

No. Blame HP.

> as it works in Windows?

The (not very helpful) point to learn from this is: When buying a
printer, select the model/manufactorer with regard to whether (and
how) it can be used with your favourite OS.

Usually, nowadays it is very easy to get printers to work which speak
either some kind of PCL or Postscript. Most of todays printers do.