Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 16:29:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> A spammer could simply become a list member and then SPAM.  They won't care
> if they are removed once they have perpetrated their abuse.

The could, but most wouldn't, wouldn't even know how.  It wouldn't be
a sure cure, but it would sure help.  Don't do it on newbies type lists,
like -questions or -newbies, even multimedia gets a lot of newbies.
Current and committers would be good candidates.

> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy@visi.com

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).