Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:38:23 -0000
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@kasimir.com>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: Version 0.63 released

Max Laier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> once started on the cksum-bottleneck Pyun did some further improvements to
> in4_cksum, which now uses optimized code for i386 architectures. If you have
> another architecture please take a look at the changes made (it's mostly
> copy'n'paste from machine/in_cksum.{h, c}) and try to build a similar
> approach for your architecture. Any imput is greatly appreachiated.
> Furthermore Pyun has identified a problem when building on latest -current
> (limits.h moved) and fixed it.
>
> Thanks
>     Max

Hi everyone,

i made a port for this today. Since this is a first shot and i've never
made a port ever before so any suggestions are welcome.

If you build the port with "make install WITH_ALTQ=yes" it should build
with ALTQ support. I have not been able to test it since i only have a
-CURRENT system. So if anyone could test and give me some feedback.

The port is available at http://flds.dyndns.org/pf.tar.gz . Just extract
the file in /usr/ports/security/ goto /usr/ports/security/pf/ and
install it like any other port.

I haven't included any stop/start scrips nor a pf.conf yet. Should we
add the default OpenBSD pf.conf ?

flo