Date:      02 Nov 2001 12:47:38 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Verisign Payflow Pro

that has been posted to ml.freebsd.questions as well.

MH> Anybody have any experience setting up Payflow Pro on a FreeBSD
MH> box?  According to Verisign, they support the FreeBSD
MH> platform. However, there was

They pulled the plug on FreeBSD *after* we got all set up with them.
Their perl module was seriously broken -- it assumed your perl was
thread-enabled.   I was finally able to make the module work by
calling the pfpro executable with a bunch of hacking to their PFPRO.pm
file.  I don't think they know what Q/A for software means.

Anyhow, it works, and it works well.

I might suggest using the linux version of the pfpro program now, and
configuring the perl module to use the external program rather than
the .so version, as that won't work ;-(

I've repeatedly asked them for reasons why, and to speak with product
managers about it, but they just ignore me.  their technical support
generally sucks, too.  they lose messages or otherwise brush you off
if your question is too hard for them.

but for lack of anything better, we're sticking with them.  that and
switching processors is a PITA.