Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:19:39 -0800
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        arnab bhowmick <arnabbhowmick111@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About Hardware Requirements And FreeBSD Installation

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:47 PM, arnab bhowmick <arnabbhowmick111@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I have bought a lenovo Z50 series laptop yesterday. It has a intel core i5
> 4210U cpu 4 gb ddr3l ram and a N15V-GM DDR3 2GB graphics. Now i have to
> install FreeBSD 9.3 on this laptop but i am unable to understand that how
> to install FreeBSD 9.3 on it. so i am requesting to you guys that can you
> please help me to install it on this machine? I will be happy if you please
> tell me the step by step procedure of installation. Thanks in advance

I recommend installing 10.1. (and consider moving to 11.0-Current) Curious,
Is there a reason you want to put 9.3 on it?

Read the manual,
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall.html

*If* your Lenovo doesn't boot. try this:

1) secure boot is disabled in bios.
2) MBR partitioning scheme is selected at install.
3) you want UFS filesystem. not root on ZFS

*not saying you will have issues with your Z50. But my general experience
with Lenovo - has been stubborning-ly refusing to boot w/ GPT / ZFS

after you get FreeBSD installed you will probably want to install the
nvidia driver from ports.
/usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/

--
Waitman Gobble