Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:39:56 -0700
From:      "Jeff" <iratus@home.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <optix@nyc.rr.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Setup doesn't see my network card

O.K. that may be it but I have another thought and I am almost afraid to ask
but here goes. I run win2k as a matter of application needs and school
compatability - Is it possible that win2k may have setup the card in a mode
that only it can see ? I know I am reaching but I ran the two setup disks a
while back to see and the setup options screen doesn't show any nic either
which I think means the card isn't being seen at all. I admit to being not
too savy on this but have never encountered this before (over a dozen
installs on this box and two others). Thanks for the quick reply and thanks
in advance if this should ring some bells (or even induce a certain amount